[Foundation-l] the Foundation

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:56:44 UTC 2010

:) Thanks Philippe. And yes, the WMF is getting a cut of the royalties
from "How Wikipedia Works", though at this point it's a pretty small
check. Apparently books about Wikipedia are something of a niche
market ;)

John: your confusion is understandable, as foundation-l is often noisy
(though less so than in the past!) and many messages go into depth on
topics that don't necessarily make sense out of context, and/or assume
that people understand the historical context of topics/past
discussions/who everyone is/etc. But of course you're welcome to hang
out. :)

All: I still think we need an announcements list, so people who are
curious about Wikimedia goings-on don't have to put up with f-l !

-- phoebe