[Foundation-l] 10th birthday edit drive?

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 10:33:07 UTC 2010

Yeah!
There's so much we could be doing (both on-wiki and in meatspace) for the
"10th anniversary" next January. I would suggest that not only should we be
investigating activities such as that you describe to improve the content,
but also that we undertake fundraising and general outreach activities
across the world around. For example, the "spread
Firefox<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/>"
project has been a success and I'd love to see this kind of thing for
Wikipedia projected on monuments around the world on the 10th anniversary
day:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nois3lab/4088072729/in/set-72157622640597827/:-)
(video of same:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8Dyhz_qbs )
And yes, as you say, it is also a very good opportunity to really utilise
the value of the geo-targeted notices if all the chapters and geographically
defined wikiprojects coordinate undertake activities simultaneously.

-Liam [[witty lama]]

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata