[Foundation-l] 10th birthday edit drive?

Stuart West stuwest at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:05:44 UTC 2010

At a meetup in San Francisco today I was thinking about next January's 10th
Birthday for Wikipedia and recent strategic planning discussions around
participation.  What about celebrating Wikipedia Day with an edit drive?  We
could aim for some stretch target (e.g. 1 million edits across all projects
over 24 hours on 15 Jan 2011, or 25 million edits during the month of
January) and use the project and geo-targeted sitenotice technology from the
fundraisers.

Seems like it could be a great way to celebrate and also get the word out
about the "anyone can edit" spirit of our projects.

-stu
[[m:User:Stu]]