[Foundation-l] Organization on Wikipedia that deals with content issues.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 16:57:08 UTC 2010

On 29 August 2010 17:52, David Moran <fordmadoxfraud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, right.  That's kind of what I mean.  These things happened to
> Citizendium because credentialism is the natural outcome of trying to create
> a system of valuing a certain class of contributors more than others.

I was amazed just how actively negative credentialism could be -
Shirky posited it as merely putting a dead weight on the project, not
actually driving it backwards. Did anyone actually predict it would
result in CZ becoming a crank magnet?

If anyone wanted to advocate credentialism on Wikimedia projects,
they'd first have to work out how to fix the pseudoscience problem on
CZ.

- d.