[Foundation-l] A proposal of partnership between Wikimedia Foundation and Internet Archive

Henning Schlottmann h.schlottmann at gmx.net
Wed Aug 25 08:40:56 UTC 2010

On 25.08.2010 02:45, Ray Saintonge wrote:

> Are people who clean up dead links taking the time to check Internet
> Archive to se if the page in question is there?

No one should even touch a presumed dead link unless he or she has the
expertise to check the link for a simple restructuring on the linked
site and do a search in the internet archive. Personally I consider
removing "dead links" without such a check as a very dangerous form of
vandalism.

Ciao Henning