[Foundation-l] A proposal of partnership between Wikimedia Foundation and Internet Archive

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:27:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM, teun spaans <teun.spaans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I took a look at the example in the french wiki, and didnt spot a date
> in the archive reference. If the source changes its content, this may
> pose a problem.
>
> If you click on an archive link the top frame will display the exact date
of the archiving -   I think the reason it is not displayed by default on
the French Wikipedia is because the archive links are generated by
JavaScript on the fly. (At least that was the case the last time I looked at
the French Wikipedia.)

Having the ability to store multiple copies of the same webpage (for
different dates) was one of the first feature requests we had at the
Hungarian Wikipedia and it seems they are working on it. Still, Wikiwix's
service is very convenient and hassle free for all the static websites or