[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Tue Aug 24 07:18:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:29:01 +0300, "Amir E. Aharoni"
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> Some good news: The Sakha Wiki community keeps being surprisingly
> active. I don't know this language, but i read the mailing list of
> that community, which is mostly written in Russian, and often
> contribute to it (i also asked to migrate that list to Wikimedia
> servers and it will probably happen soon [1]).

Now it may sound like a joke, but the opening of Sakha Wikipedia had been
delayed some two years ago because the Language Committee did not believe
that the Incubator pages have actually been written in Sakha. Now this is
one of the most dynamic Turkic language projects, and I am proud to be a
regular editor of this Wiki.

Cheers
Yaroslav