[Foundation-l] Push translation

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 04:57:22 UTC 2010

Michael Galvez <michaelcg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Translator Toolkit processes generic Media Wiki text, although this is not
> an officially supported feature and is largely untested.  If you upload a
> UTF-8 file with extension ".mediawiki", Translator Toolkit will try to
> render the file in the same way that it renders Wikipedia files.
>
> Re: original-language wikitext, I'm not familiar with that markup.  Can you
> clarify?

I mean that, given that the output is essentially plain wikitext, it
might be a good idea to include the original source paragraphs hidden
within the body of the output:

 <machine translated text in language x>
 <!-- hidden original text in source language -->

The output files of course would be larger, and having large amounts
of different texts might confuse autodetect.. But the issue is again
to aid users in keeping a high fidelity between input and translated
output, and keeping source paragraphs close.

michael galvez wrote:
> Understood.  I'm working with PR to release the deck that I presented at
> Wikimania.  Will send that along as soon as it's available.

Are you keeping a page about this on meta.wiki?

-SC