[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Harel Cain harel.cain at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 13:12:24 UTC 2010

Haifa, too, has a history of violence
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_restaurant_suicide_bombing,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haifa_bus_37_suicide_bombing and others),
the years of the Second Intifada in the first half of this decade left
few places unscathed by terror and grief, for both people.

But really, folks, this is so much outside of what the conference is
all about. It is not about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and we
shouldn't (IMHO mustn't) make it into a political/ideological tour of
the conflict. If someone wants to use their visit of the region for
that purpose, they're welcome to do it before or after the conference.

Harel