[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Andrea Zanni zanni.andrea84 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 06:54:19 UTC 2010

> I think that Tim's point was precisely to get to some non touristic-only
> (i.e. often unreal) destination, to understand better the life of local
> inhabitants and the conflict.
> This is not part of Wikimania, obviously, but would be an interesting
> possibility (e.g. more than beach, IMHO).

Maybe Neve Shalom (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neve_Shalom_%E2%80%93_W%C4%81%C4%A7at_as-Sal%C4%81m)
could be a good (and peaceful) experience.
I don't know Haifa, but maybe also there there are
groups\location\associations worth a visit.
Personally, I like very much the idea of a Wikimania explicitely aimed to a
''peaceful message'' (whatever this could mean).
But still I don't want to force the WM Israel team to change the program, if
this was not what they defined.

Aubrey