[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Harel Cain harel.cain at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 05:13:49 UTC 2010

Tim, I don't know how this has any direct bearing on the conference.

The conditions in the West Bank are not what anyone would wish them to
be, including, of course, us. I could try to argue here that still,
the average income there is higher than in most Arab countries and so
on, but this is really beside the point. This conference is not about
the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and its best solution.

We will in fact be offering day trips on the last day of the
conference (August 7th). More information on our conference website.
Baqa or Nazlat 'Isa don't really make for interesting enough tourist
trips to warrant an organized tour to. I would suggest, as another
possibility in the West Bank, to visit Bethlehem instead. It has much
higher touristic value. We will be checking out options to have this
included as a possible day trip. Thousands of tourists travel there
every week - it's only about 5 miles south of Jerusalem...

Harel