[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 04:56:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Harel Cain <harel.cain at gmail.com> wrote:

> In Haifa and elsewhere in Israel, Arabs and Jews get along on a daily
> basis just fine, daily reality is stronger than everything. They meet
> at universities and workplaces and have friendly relationships - a
> natural matter, really.
>
> People, the Middle East is more complex and multifaceted than BBC lets
> you think, come judge for yourself.
>

> Harel

Oh, I know you're absolutely right, Harel.  I come from the American South,
and other Americans blur the racism line in their perception of reality
here.  I am certain that at the root of it everyone will be nice and
welcoming. We're discussing the relevant, non-native socio-political
concerns.  These shouldn't exist, anyone should be able to go to Haifa.
 Unfortunately, real life doesn't recognize circumstance :)

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan