[Foundation-l] [Wikisource-l] Parallel text alignment (was: Push translation)

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 01:31:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> Is there any good free software for aligning parallel texts and
> extracting translations? Looking around, I found NAtools,
> TagAligner, and Bitextor, but they require texts to be marked
> up already. Are these the best and most modern tools available?

there is a Mediawiki extension which is supposed to provide this:

http://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:DoubleWiki_Extension

It is enabled on all wikisource subdomains.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Crito?match=el

It doesn't work very well because our Wikisource projects have
different layouts, esp. templates such as the header on each page.

--
John Vandenberg