[Foundation-l] Push translation

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:56:30 UTC 2010

On 6 August 2010 18:47, Michael Galvez <michaelcg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. We acquire dictionaries on limited licenses from other parties.  In
> general, while we can surface this content on our own sites (e.g., Google
> Translate, Google Dictionary, Google Translator Toolkit), we don't have
> permission to donate that data to other sites.

And the data that GTTK gathers from its use in Wikipedia translations?
What would need to happen for that to start coming back, in a usable
form?

> Following interwiki links and suggesting parent categories is a bit of work
> and unlikely to be implemented soon.  We can disable category translation if
> that helps - can you confirm if that's OK?

As I vaguely recall from someone posting study results on the
question, not all interwiki links are good, but ones that are a 1:1
match generally seem to be.

(I frequently use Wikipedia interwiki links as a guide to translating
single words casually.)

- d.