[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Announcement list is active

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:02:31 UTC 2010

On 21 April 2010 16:54, Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net> wrote:
> P.S. I'm looking forward to the day when we can have geolocated
> sitenotices for advertising meetups etc...

As long as you are happy with only logged in users seeing it, it
should be possible to implement rather easily, I'm not sure why it
hasn't been already (if anons need to see it too, there are caching
issues). I didn't look into submitting a patch for it myself, but the
existing code was very confusing and I didn't have time to trace
through it.