[Foundation-l] Heads up: Wikipedia on Facebook

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 20:04:04 UTC 2010

Will there be any way to encourage/allow people to edit the Wikipedia
articles Facebook will be using?

On the one hand, I think it's definitely praiseworthy that we have found
another outlet for distributing Wikipedia articles and thus fulfilling our
mission. But to be perfectly honest, the idea of a Facebook mirror that
siphons off potential editors and lets Facebook slap ads around our work
feels like a bum deal for Wikimedia.

Steven Walling