[Foundation-l] Ideas from Limburg

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 2 20:45:18 UTC 2010

Dear Phoebe,

You make my day! Actually, it should have been yesterday, but I am
afraid most people did not notice my Aprils fool item.

Once I thought translating my Handbook into English, but other things
gained priority. Especially my textbook I am due to have finished on
July 1st, and about which I was still going to ask you questions - you
are more experienced still.

Kind regards
Ziko

2010/4/2 phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>:
> Ziko,
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Ziko van Dijk <zvandijk at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> When he told me about, I looked up again what I had written about
>> (small) Wikipedia language editions in my handbook (in German):
>> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Ziko/Handbuch-Titel . I then, in
>> 2008, found li.WP relatively good, but there were also some
>> difficulties, for example the lack of a technical vocabulary.
>
> Thanks for reminding us of your book on multilingual Wikipedias! It's
> amazing. It would be lovely to expand this to all languages, to have a
> comprehensive Wikipedia handbook!
>

>> When I examined the background I found out that most of the
>> li.Wikipedians indicate their real names and many are women. With
>> permission, here what Gebroeker:JennySteen wrote to me:
>
> wow! This is really unusual and interesting. Do you think it is just
> because of the effect of having a small community centered around this
> group of editors?
>
> btw I am not seeing the color changes for user pages.. and maybe
> http://li.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebroeker:JennySteen edits under a
> different account?
>
> -- phoebe

Ziko van Dijk