[Foundation-l] Ideas from Limburg

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 20:26:06 UTC 2010

Ziko,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Ziko van Dijk <zvandijk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> When he told me about, I looked up again what I had written about
> (small) Wikipedia language editions in my handbook (in German):
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Ziko/Handbuch-Titel . I then, in
> 2008, found li.WP relatively good, but there were also some
> difficulties, for example the lack of a technical vocabulary.

Thanks for reminding us of your book on multilingual Wikipedias! It's
amazing. It would be lovely to expand this to all languages, to have a
comprehensive Wikipedia handbook!

> When I examined the background I found out that most of the
> li.Wikipedians indicate their real names and many are women. With
> permission, here what Gebroeker:JennySteen wrote to me:

wow! This is really unusual and interesting. Do you think it is just
because of the effect of having a small community centered around this
group of editors?

btw I am not seeing the color changes for user pages.. and maybe
http://li.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebroeker:JennySteen edits under a
different account?

-- phoebe