[Foundation-l] 2010 Fundraising Survey

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 07:35:31 UTC 2010

It's great to see this back underway.  What was the three-day online
focus group like?

I would be particularly interested in data such as

First awareness
- when did donors first hear about wikipedia / first use the project?
- when did they find out that it was run by a non-profit?
- when did they find out that it was publicly editable?
- when did they discover:
  -- article talk pages?  the history tab?
  -- recent changes?

Sharing knowledge
- do they talk to others about Wikipedia?
- do they use Wikipedia at school or work?
- besides Wikipedia, what other online sites do they use to share
knowledge, and what sorts of things do they write/photograph/record?
(flickr, youtube, twitter, google docs, wiktionary, wikitravel, wikia,
freebase, openstreetmap, &c)

Participation
- have they ever edited?  what do they think of the editing process?
- have they ever uploaded a photo or video?  what do they think of the
upload process?
- have they donated before?
- have they submitted ideas or suggestions?  (if asked, it would be
handy to add a link to a way to do so :)

SJ