[Foundation-l] Copyrighted maps and Derived works from copyrighted sources.

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 03:42:04 UTC 2010

Mike,

Thank you for starting this thread.  The most important point, from my
perspective, is that the policies on OSM and Wikipedia are not
compatible, in a way that makes geodata from Wikipedia time-consuming
or impossible for some OSM editors to use.

We should certainly see how we can align policies about maps and map
data so that work isn't duplicated or wasted.  If in the process we
discover that OSM standards are stricter than copyright demands, or
that WP standards are more lax than they should be, we may be able to
correct those points.

SJ

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 5:25 PM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com