[Foundation-l] Consensus on Meta for suspecting every volunteer of abuse ?

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Wed Sep 30 19:42:43 UTC 2009

Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  So, should we find a term that is suitable for all six
>> billion people on this planet, or should we covertly prefer
>> users who are curious enough to just click on that link to
>> find out what's behind it?

> Obviously we should replace the text messages with the ulitmate
> wiktionary "Defined Meaning" numeric identifier!
> [...]

In many cultures there are numbers with negative connota-
tions (cf. [[Number of the Beast]], [[88 (number)]] and
*many* more). So maybe the board should appoint a "Numbers
Committee" that determines which sequences of digits (bina-
ry? decimal? hexadecimal?) are acceptable for use. Obviously
there is a need - just look at
<URI:http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=666>:
Vandalism! :-)

Tim