[Foundation-l] Consensus on Meta for suspecting every volunteer of abuse ?

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:05:19 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Teofilo <teofilowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now go to meta.wikimedia.org (1), create a new account there and click
> on your "My contributions" link. And see what you see on the top line
> of  Special:Contributions : "Abuse Log". My preference on meta is
> French, and it reads ("Journal des abus"). In French "Journal" means
> both "Log" and "Newspaper". It sort of says "you are already making
> headlines in newspapers for abuse".
>
> It means Wikimedia users are considered as suspects from the first
> time they set foot into the wiki. It means that the climate there is a
> climate where everyone suspects everybody else, where you are guilty
> until proven innocent, and where bad faith is assumed (3).

So, in a word, you're not complaining about the tool itself, you're
complaining about how a tool is named. I invite you to raise your
concerns with the developers and to propose a better French
translation at translatewiki.net.

Any other wikilawyering or claim of assuming bad faith is completely
unnecessary and unhelpful.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]