[Foundation-l] Status of flagged protection (flagged revisions) for English Wikipedia.

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 00:55:21 UTC 2009

2009/9/29 Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org>:
> On 9/28/09 5:27 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> 2009/9/29 Brion Vibber<brion at wikimedia.org>:
>>> It seems to work just fine, actually. The extension is on, the
>>> configuration is being loaded for the right database, and things seem to
>>> function when I test them.
>>>
>>> Quick steps to try it out:
>>> [snip]
>>
>> Where do you want comments? I'll put the one I have so far here:
>>
>> What does "Confirm stable version settings" mean? It looks like an
>> expiration time, but that doesn't fit the name...
>
> For the moment let's just start at
> http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page but probably
> we should break that out to some more discussion pages.

Ok, I've made a couple of comments there.

> We know we need to do some UI cleanup in response to user testing, so
> comments like this are extremely welcome! [And if you see some
> &lt;flagged-blahblah&gt; crap on the screen sometimes; some of the
> messages still need to be customized locally by admins. It might be nice
> to clean that up to have better defaults too, though.]

Without some defaults it is difficult to know what they are meant to
be (otherwise I would put some useful placeholder text there). The
current defaults seem to use "validated" and "sighted" as synonyms,
which seems unwise, unless I am misinterpreting something.