[Foundation-l] Status of flagged protection (flagged revisions) for English Wikipedia.

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 29 00:37:59 UTC 2009

On 9/28/09 5:27 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Brion Vibber<brion at wikimedia.org>:
>> It seems to work just fine, actually. The extension is on, the
>> configuration is being loaded for the right database, and things seem to
>> function when I test them.
>>
>> Quick steps to try it out:
>> [snip]
>
> Where do you want comments? I'll put the one I have so far here:
>
> What does "Confirm stable version settings" mean? It looks like an
> expiration time, but that doesn't fit the name...

For the moment let's just start at
http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page but probably
we should break that out to some more discussion pages.

We know we need to do some UI cleanup in response to user testing, so
comments like this are extremely welcome! [And if you see some
&lt;flagged-blahblah&gt; crap on the screen sometimes; some of the
messages still need to be customized locally by admins. It might be nice
to clean that up to have better defaults too, though.]

-- brion