[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Abuse of CheckUser rights

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Sun Sep 27 17:10:09 UTC 2009

This is more of an issue for foundation-l than wikitech-l.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Ferrer <admin at some-day.org> wrote:
> Also, checkusers in Russian Wikipedia abused the 'checkuser' rights
> (for example linked to me unrelated edits from open proxy with
> marasmic vandalism -- create marasmic attackpages-like topic on
> «Request for Administrators» about Kalan, obviously with a view to
> Kalan thought that I was a degenerat-pederast); who can I write about
> this? Ombudsmans on Meta?
>
> Such decisions are very bad name in the wikiprojects.
>
> Ferrer.

Yes, complains about privacy policy violations or misuse of CheckUser
should be addressed to the Ombudsman commission.  Information on how
to contact them is available on Meta-Wiki:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ombudsman_commission>

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023