[Foundation-l] Report to the Board July 2009

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:05:24 UTC 2009

 Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> writes:

> > LEGAL
> >
> > Mike Godwin completed a first draft of the revised trademark policy.
>
> - Nice.  Does this mean we are closer to a world in which awesome
> Wikimedia swag is easy to come by... and not through cafepress? [
> sorry, CP! :) ]

Absolutely! That is one of the two or three central goals of the revision,
and it derives directly from feedback from the Chapters meeting in Berlin.

We've actually been working closely with the Mozilla Foundation to see if we
can develop consistent standards for trademark management (including
allowing Chapters or their equivalents to make their own T-shirts and other
swag) for large-scale free-culture projects like ours.

--Mike