[Foundation-l] It's not article count, it's editors

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:10:37 UTC 2009

My own personal view is that, in an ideal world, we'd post two or more
metrics for every project (article numbers, number of editors, and perhaps
other metrics like, perhaps, external links).  That would create a design
problem given our current home page, but probably not an unsolvable one.

The idea here is that, with multiple metrics, we can hypothesize more
clearly about trends -- e.g., when the article number rate of increase
declines, but numbers of editors and external links increases, we may be
able to make some more reasonable guesses about what's happening on that
project.

Obviously, Erik Zachte's work in this are is extremely (I'm inclined to say
uniquely) valuable -- I'm wondering how we can better integrate his research
into how the projects initially represent themselves to users upon entry.

--Mike