[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Italia being sued

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:51:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Frieda Brioschi <ubifrieda at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/9/16 Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com>:
> > We've had a lot of experience of spurious reports of lawsuits originating
> in
> > Italy.
>
> How many originating from Wikimedia Italia?

Not many, and perhaps not any -- in general the spurious threat is against
WMF itself, so far as I can recall.

I'll forward to you a copy of the document in few minutes. It's in
> italian. Is it ok for you?

Yes.  Some kind of machine-readable text is best (so we can run it through
translation software if possible), but if you're limited to an scanned PDF
or other scanned image format that can't be OCR'd, we'll still want to take
a look at what you've received.

--Mike