[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:51:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why are we revisiting something from 2007-08 financial planning two
>> years after it happened and 15 months after the final report?
>>

> Because there isn't enough data on the mistakes that are being made today.
>  15 months ago, there was "oh, the dumps will be fixed real soon now" and
> "that money which wasn't spent will be spent in 2008-09".  But today we know
> "no, 15 months later they still aren't fixed" and "no, that money will get
> rolled into the general budget where it won't even be spent".

Have you not read people's replies to this? All dumps are working except
for the full enwiki history. That's certainly a lot better than
before, when pretty
much every dump was failing. They've got all but one dump for one wiki
working, and that's still being worked on too. What more would you ask?

-Chad