[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Sep 16 12:04:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are we revisiting something from 2007-08 financial planning two
> years after it happened and 15 months after the final report?

Because there isn't enough data on the mistakes that are being made today.
 15 months ago, there was "oh, the dumps will be fixed real soon now" and
"that money which wasn't spent will be spent in 2008-09".  But today we know
"no, 15 months later they still aren't fixed" and "no, that money will get
rolled into the general budget where it won't even be spent".

And there's not even an acknowledgment by the board that it made a huge
mistake.

Maybe there's an acknowledgment privately.  There is some evidence of that.
 I don't know.  I tend to take people at their word when they say publicly
that everyone is doing a great job.  I tend to take people at their word
when they say publicly that they want foundation decisions discussed
publicly. Maybe I should just chalk it up as a bunch of lies.  But then,
there's really little incentive for me to do that.