[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:11:27 UTC 2009

Andrew Whitworth opined:

++++++++++

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com
>* I would consider it equally "trolling" to assume or pretend that an
*>* unfortunate financial situation did not happen, just because you haven't
*>* taken the time or effort to pay attention to when these issues have been
*>* discussed in numerous, varied forums across the Internet.  Here are at least
*>* a dozen for you, Domas:
*>*
*>* http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22%241.7+million%22+technology+wikimedia+%22sue+gardner%22
*
I wouldn't consider any of those dozen to be credible or reliable
sources. Nobody has a responsibility to monitor the entirety of the
internet to follow various discussion minutia or unfounded rumors, and
it's not trolling to not assume that responsibility for oneself.

--Andrew Whitworth

The biggest departmental underspend was in the technology budget

(-$1,673). We attribute this underspending to general conservatism and
caution on the part of the tech team, a desire to defer equipment purchases
while various donations and sponsorship deals were under negotiation, and
delays in hiring.

Is it just me, or is there a significant amount of cotton stuffed in many
ears around here?

Sorry to sound so rude in reply, but you really do turn some of these
would-be contested lay-ups into backboard-shattering slam dunks.

Greg
--
Gregory Kohs