[Foundation-l] Do we have a complete set of WMF projects?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 05:17:21 UTC 2009

I find projects to build large catalogs interesting; many of these are
simply not done well online. If you have a free catalog, you can
visaulize its elements on a map / with search; add reviews and images
and comments to what was previously uncommentable.  Some potential
catalogs:

Organizations - O(10M) V [ like wiserearth, whitepages? ]
Books and published works - O(10M) new published pieces a year. [
openlibrary.org ]
Websites - O(10M) V, non-spam sites?  [ aboutus.com ]
People/genealogy - O(1B) verifiable data points.  [ rodovid : O(100k) ]
Locations - O(1B) buildings and urban places.  Fewer identifiable/V
places in nature.
Popular online files - O(1B) V + N (for some defined N), by url + date
Mass-produced objects - O(10B) V, by UPC or other code.  [ no public site ]