[Foundation-l] strategic planning process update

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:49:22 UTC 2009

Hello Eugene,

Thanks for heads up (two days before the D-day),

> ... I wanted to point you to a few links that explain this
> in more detail.
> http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Process

As to me, as to the best of my belief the nutshell is on the page

http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Process/Decision-Making

(obviously "Process" refers to it).

I mean that despite first, very promising clause

"Who will decide what the strategy will be, and what will be the
decision-making process?"

this page explains nothing about (or explains in no detail if somebody
prefers) how main stakeholder - Foundation will make decision about
said strategy. The huge, extremely intensive (and effective, if we
will do our best) Earth-wide pipeline for proposal preparation - it's
good. But what will be in the very end? How Foundation will decide
what idea is good enough to stand behind it (and to put money in it)?

At the very bottom of that page one can read
"stakeholders need to be transparent in their decision-making process".
It's exactly my point.

--Pavlo Shevelo [SUL]

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Eugene Eric Kim <eekim at blueoxen.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> For those of you who don't know me, I'm leading the Wikimedia
> strategic planning process. Our goal is to develop a five-year
> strategic plan through an open community process that is going on

<snip>