[Foundation-l] Do we have a complete set of WMF projects?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Sep 12 18:37:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com <
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> You have this directory already!
> Just extract all the deleted articles that are not notible.
> you will have all the small business that got deleted.
>
> In fact that is the biggest pain that people face, they get deleted.
> We need some way to keep pages from being deleted, but moved.

I think first there needs to be a place to move them to.  OSM has come a
long way since I first proposed Wikiteer, which was meant to be a
combination of items of local interest which were deleted as non-notable
plus the GIS support structure to map them.  Nowadays I'm comfortable
letting OSM manage the GIS/mapping aspect and sticking to just the
description pages (phone numbers, addresses, websites, operating hours,
maybe even some topic specific info like menus or admission prices or show
schedules).

Maybe it's finally time to reintroduce the idea.  But I'm going to let
someone else deal with the bureaucracy.