[Foundation-l] open IRC meeting w/ Wikimedia Trustees: this Friday, 1800 UTC

Samuel J Klein sj at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 8 18:26:44 UTC 2009

Hello Mike,

> Great idea! I hope that this is the first of many. I'd love to
> attend, but won't be able to at that time. Will logs/minutes of the
> meeting be made available after the event?

Yes, minutes will be available.  I'm thinking of announcing in the
channel before and after for people who don't want to be part of a
logged chat; but if this is a problem for those attending we won't do
it.  Minutes will definitely be handy as a readable record.

Speaking of which, I'm also looking for someone to organize the
minutes.  [NB: you don't have to be present during the chat to do
this.]  Again, pls contact me off-list.

> I've just added a question about transparency to the suggestion list
> - hope that's OK. I'd love to get the Board's views on cleaning up
> the WMF website (e.g. lots of material is still on meta!), but I'm
> not sure how well that would fit in.

Add whatever is on your mind.  If the agenda gets too long we'll find
a way to split it up.  [I'd guess that style guide questions can
probably be mentioned briefly and pointed to the right places to carry
out a longer discussion/cleanup effort].

SJ