[Foundation-l] open IRC meeting w/ Wikimedia Trustees: this Friday, 1800 UTC

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Tue Sep 8 17:57:31 UTC 2009

On 8 Sep 2009, at 18:46, Samuel J Klein wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We wanted to have a more informal forum for discussing Wikimedia
> issues with Board members, so the three new Wikimedia Trustees (Arne,
> Matt, and myself) are hosting an open meeting on IRC in #wikimedia
> this Friday.
>
> Where : #wikimedia
> When  :  Friday  September 11, 1800-1900 UTC
>              (11:00-12:00 PST / 14:00-15:00EST / 20:00-21:00CEST)
>
> Other Board members will hopefully be there as well; we picked a time
> when we knew all of the new members could attend.  Please join with
> any thoughts or questions you have for the Board or about Wikimedia in
> general.  If you'd like to see something on the agenda, whether or not
> you can attend in person, please add it here:
>
>    http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
> Talk:Wikimedia_meetings#September_open_meeting
>
> Since we only have an hour, we will try to keep to the agenda.  New
> topics brought up after noon UTC the day of the meeting will be
> addressed on-wiki if we run out of time.
>
> I'm looking for someone to help moderate the chat.  If interested,
> please reply offlist.  Thanks!
>
> SJ

Great idea! I hope that this is the first of many. I'd love to
attend, but won't be able to at that time. Will logs/minutes of the
meeting be made available after the event?

I've just added a question about transparency to the suggestion list
- hope that's OK. I'd love to get the Board's views on cleaning up
the WMF website (e.g. lots of material is still on meta!), but I'm
not sure how well that would fit in.

Mike