[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 19:32:54 UTC 2009

2009/9/5 Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd at yahoo.com>:
> Its a serious charge that is difficult to prove. The publicly released financial statements are too general in nature to be useful. The only way to prove/disprove this allegation and head off others is for the Foundation to become more transparent. It is natural for people to come to assumptions when information is not available to them. The currently available financials are simply not transparent enough to prove what is going on.

The Foundation has been sufficiently transparent. The reasons for
leasing office space from Wikia were explained in detail when that
deal was done (I think Sue [could have been someone else from WMF]
explained it on this mailing list after people [probably me] drew
attention to the need for an explanation). The plan to move into a
single, larger office was mentioned ages ago. I don't see any need for
an announcement of the old office going on the market, it is an
obvious part of the process.