[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Sep 5 14:31:52 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 9:50 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

>  WMF is swimming in surplus floor space?

Well, yeah, that's been confirmed actually.  They have 11000 sq ft, plus
3000 sq ft, plus whatever they have at Wikia, and they only need the 11000
sq ft.  Maybe they haven't moved in on the 11000 sq ft yet, but surely
there's a deal signed already?  Or is that too speculative?

Personally, I think the tone of the piece was overly accusatory.  It
suggested that the WMF was compounding on its Wikia self-dealings, when in
actuality, according to Brion, it is correcting them.

Anyway, I see Greg has added an "author's note" to the piece, and an
apology.  I'm glad to see that.