[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:35:13 UTC 2009

2009/9/5 Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com>:
> "Geni" wrote:
>
> ++++++++++
> Given how spectacularly incorrect your published accusations were
> that's a pretty pathetic defense. Are you going to apologise?
>
> --
> geni
>
> ++++++++++
>
> I reported that the Wikimedia Foundation is seeking to sub-let space that it
> itself is renting.  I have an e-mail from the property management firm
> confirming "the Wikimedia sublease".  Erik Moeller has confirmed that the
> Foundation is seeking to sub-let space.
>
> Which "accusations" do you speak of?

"That's curious, considering they had "outgrown" space in January 2009, such
that they needed to shuttle Ruth and Frank Stanton's money over to Wikia's
accounts receivable to expand their footprint."

That is an accusation of illicit dealings for personal gain. It
doesn't matter than you didn't explicitly accuse them, no reasonable
person could interpret that sentence (in the context of your previous
comments) as anything else.