[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:29:52 UTC 2009

"Geni" wrote:

++++++++++
Given how spectacularly incorrect your published accusations were
that's a pretty pathetic defense. Are you going to apologise?

--
geni

++++++++++

I reported that the Wikimedia Foundation is seeking to sub-let space that it
itself is renting.  I have an e-mail from the property management firm
confirming "the Wikimedia sublease".  Erik Moeller has confirmed that the
Foundation is seeking to sub-let space.

Which "accusations" do you speak of?

Why in the heck would I "apologize" for scooping the story that the
Wikimedia Foundation is seeking to sub-let office space, if only the
speculative intentions were a little off-base (I did not realize that the
WMF does not intend to stay at Stillman Street a while longer, since the
Foundation failed to communicate any significant "We're Moving Soon!"
announcement to the community).  I have issued a clarifying statement in the
blog comments field, and that should be sufficient, unless someone feels
they've been libeled by the Internet Review Corporation.  I've received no
such legal complaint.

When the Watergate story broke, it was felt to be a largely "contained"
story.  Leslie Stahl once commented, *"*CBS sent me. It was a measure of how
unimportant CBS thought the story was in the beginning."  As more
information seeped out, it became clear that it was a story with much wider
implications.  Consider me a Leslie Stahl, circa 1972.

Greg