[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:38:03 UTC 2009

Gerard "Hoi" Meijssen writes:

++++++++++
What would be more obvious then looking for other premises when the current
ones are no longer sufficient.. Gee.. hiring new premises .. with sufficient
elbow room for some time ??
I wonder.. Gee Gregory, you already mentioned that ... are they really
looking for something new ? Then again, I am not asked to answer your query
am I ..
Thanks,
      GerardM
++++++++++

Sometimes, Gerard, your inability to comprehend even the most basic of
principles, such as how a sub-lease works, is amusing and endearing.

This may help you:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublease

I'm afraid there's no "Simple English Wikipedia" article to assist you further.

It may be in your own best interest to refrain from any further
commentary on this thread and leave discussion to those of us who
understand basic property management fundamentals.

Another possible explanation for what's happening at the WMF HQ is
that the whole operation is preparing to move to new digs, and rather
than break their lease, they're seeking to find a subtenant to avoid
some financial penalty for early exit.  I sort of set that aside,
because I would have expected an "open" and "transparent" organization
such as the WMF to have announced at some point that they were looking
for an entirely different office home.

We'll have clarification when Sue or Jimbo or Michael or Erik or Kat
or some other WMF'er responds.  Probably best that we just wait for
some "official" explanation, rather than continue speculating about
elbow room, which is what seems to be a problem, not a benefit.