[Foundation-l] 31 august, 20 years of our national holiday "Our romanian language" in Moldova, mo.wikipedia still in cyrillic !

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:23:17 UTC 2009

Hoi,
The word "deprecated" in this context does not mean that it is wrong, it
means that it is best not to use it. In standards like this they use the
word in order to allow for the continued use in situations where a change is
not easy. In the Wikimedia Foundation we have several instances that are
more problematic then the use of the "mo" code. As we chose not to remedy
situations that are explicitly wrong, there is no technical reason to change
this code.
Thanks,
     GerardM