[Foundation-l] Charity Navigator rates WMF

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Oct 10 00:13:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my experience, high-school teachers were 90/10 anti Wikipedia 3
> years ago, and are slightly in favor of it today.  This sort of thing
> would be a fascinating survey to run year after year.

I don't know.  My evidence is all anecdotal, but the vast majority of
what I hear from high school teachers about Wikipedia is playfully
derogatory.  Not that they're against Wikipedia, any more than they're
against Twitter or MySpace, but that they don't take it as a serious
source of information.  "I read it on Wikipedia" is taken as about
equivalent to "I read it on the Internet".