[Foundation-l] Deletopedia for the history of Kosovo

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:50:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Andrew Garrett <agarrett at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> As I've told you on IRC, there is absolutely no chance of you getting
> hold of that particular data file, especially not with the purpose of
> publishing parts of it.

Thats understandable.

> There might be other options for you to get hold of what you need
> without us handing you every revision ever deleted on English
> Wikipedia (which includes numerous revisions which are damaging to
> users' privacy).

Also I have started a petition for the owners of the articles to all
request that their articles are made available.

http://undeletewikipedia.blogspot.com/2009/10/clarity-in-petition.html

Basically all I would like are the NPOV and the non notable deletes of
the users who opt in to my petition.

I will just start with the articles that have not been deleted,
and work with the deleted contents from the existing revisions. The
data for existing articles that has been culled out should be a good
starting point. When we have a list of all the editors from a certain
POV, and they have all asked for thier deleted data then we should
have the needed material.

thanks,

mike