[Foundation-l] Deletopedia for the history of Kosovo

Andrew Garrett agarrett at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 6 12:34:32 UTC 2009

On 06/10/2009, at 9:54 AM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:

> In case it is not clear,
> I would like a copy of this file :
>
> http://download.wikimedia.org/enwiki/20090929/
> # 2009-09-29 02:50:45 done Deleted page and revision data. (private)
>
> For the purposes of extracted the kosovo related data from it,
> to create a POV specific collection of wikipedia material
> for the further promotion of free knowledge and culture.
>
> I will not post anyones private data, or post any articles that are
> out of scope.
>
> My approach will be to review the artlcles and select authors and ones
> that I feel relevant.

As I've told you on IRC, there is absolutely no chance of you getting
hold of that particular data file, especially not with the purpose of
publishing parts of it.

There might be other options for you to get hold of what you need
without us handing you every revision ever deleted on English
Wikipedia (which includes numerous revisions which are damaging to
users' privacy).

--
Andrew Garrett
agarrett at wikimedia.org