[Foundation-l] The state of Foundation-l (again) was: Recent firing?

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 01:25:50 UTC 2009

Wikimedia draws a disproportionate number of two types of people:
those with some antisocial tendencies, and those with an unusual
belief in various notions of "freedom." People being people, anyone in
both groups will tend to use the second trait to reinforce the first.
We've developed the basics of a legal system and a convoluted set of
policies on the English 'pedia to attempt to address this particular
problem, but as most know we're a ways from doing that well. Some
folks are convinced that their rights to a forum require others to
accommodate them; because they're clods and don't respond to social
pressure, most eventually vote with their metaphorical feet.

Nathan