[Foundation-l] getting Wikipedia to the 5.2 billion people who can't access it

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun May 31 15:09:03 UTC 2009

2009/5/31 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> Much of the Wave  functionality demonstrated is superior to what is
> available in MediaWiki. Consider a LAN with OPLC systems, consider a Wave
> server on the school server.. It would be pretty damn good to be able to
> have all kinds of activities that makes use of the functionality that is
> part of the reference implementation. Consider what a talk page would look
> like when with the Wave "back" functionality.

Wave has some great features for those of us that edit Wikipedia, but
we're talking about people reading it. The only way to edit it is via
a live internet connection, I can't see anything else working unless
we get some vastly improved edit conflict handling. All people reading
Wikipedia need is a plain HTML file per article, nothing more.