[Foundation-l] getting Wikipedia to the 5.2 billion people who can't access it

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:42:40 UTC 2009

Hoi,
Wave in its reference implementation relies on HTML 5. This means that it
requires a modern browser. With a browser it is possible to access data that
is on a LAN or on the local computer. This would allow us to have
"Wikipedia" type content stored locally or on a LAN. One question is how
will resources will react when newer data becomes available, will it
synchronise? When a resource available to Wave *can *be updated, it makes no
difference if it on a system on a LAN or on the WAN / Internet when it is
the availability of data that is essential.

When you think of Wave as a replacement for e-mail it is easy to forget
about the other aspects of Wave. At its most basic it provides a platform
for data that can be approached with a browser.. This line of thought begs
the question, to what extend the Wave reference implementation will be able
to use gears for local data storage..
Thanks,
       GerardM