[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Judson Dunn cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sat May 30 21:59:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Peter Coombe
<thewub.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The best description I've seen so far was "FriendFeed... with benefits" :-)

Right, it's not entirely new, which is I think why some people are
saying it isn't a big deal. The problem is, it's only not new for
people like us. We obviously see parallels to talk pages, and wikis,
and other collaborative software. Most people have never really used a
wiki, or even a mailing list. And I mean most people in developed
countries who use computers. This interface is simple enough that it
offers the benefits of wikis, mailing lists, and shared documents to
people who can currently only use email. That's why it's important.

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion