[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat May 30 00:10:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> That would be great, but wouldn't it also mean the death of Google and
> pretty much any company which relies on web advertising to make money?  How
> do you make money off of P2P?  Software and data license fees, I guess, but
> is Google really prepared to go to that model?  And in a world where P2P
> means easy piracy, is the world ready?

Actually, I am very puzzled with that fact. (I don't have a clue how
it looks like, but I suppose that the have the plan :) ) I just listed
consequences of such approach. I was thinking a lot about very very
similar approach, but I was thinking that it is just too radical to be
implemented by one big company.